Donald Trump may get the blessing of Youtube to have his account privileges restored, the Google-owned social media company announced on Thursday.
“The channel remains suspended due to the risk of incitement to violence,” Youtube CEO Susan Wojcicki said in a Reuters interview.
“YouTube suspended Trump’s channel for violating policies against inciting violence after the assault on the U.S. Capitol by the former president’s supporters in January,” Reuters reported.
“The channel remains suspended due to the risk of incitement to violence,” Wojcicki said in an interview with the head of the Atlantic Council. Wojcicki claimed that “recent warnings by the Capitol police about a potential new attack on Thursday” showed that an “elevated violence risk still remains,” Reuters said.
Donald Trump is expected to reemerge on various social media platforms, Trump’s senior adviser Jason Miller said in early February.
“I would expect that we will see the president reemerge on social media,” Miller said when asked what Trump plans to do next. “Whether that’s joining an existing platform or creating his new platform, there are a number of different options and a number of different meetings that they’ve been having on that front. Nothing is imminent on that.”
It is also unclear if there is an imminent attack actually planned for the U.S. Capitol, despite media reportage. The Capitol Police asked that the National Guard remain at the U.S. Capitol for two more months, the AP reported earlier on Thursday.
However, while the heightened ongoing security is being attributed to “chatter” from far-right and other extremist groups that are purportedly making a credible threat to again attack the capitol, the U.S. media have not verified these reports in any concrete manner.
Meanwhile, far-left Antifa extremists continue to hold violent riots in Portland, New York, and elsewhere. While Trump supporters were predicted to attack the U.S. capitol and state capitols around the country on January 20th, the only violent rioting on that day was carried out by BLM/Antifa activists in New York, and other major cities.
Youtube’s statement also suggests that Donald Trump was somehow responsible for the planned Capitol attack, despite the former president being acquitted in the U.S. Senate. Even when social media companies aren’t censoring Donald Trump and other conservatives, they are otherwise smearing them with insinuations they are somehow responsible for the violent actions of fringe extremists.