‘The Squad’ has been the face of America’s disastrous “defund the police” effort.
But for millions of Americans, the argument that stripping resources from police officers, especially for more training, never made any sense.
It turns out that it didn’t make any sense to the four members of “The Squad,” either, when it came to their personal safety. Newly uncovered documents from the FEC that were brought to light by the Daily Caller’s Henry Rodgers show that hypocrisy is a Democrat way of life.
“Members of the progressive-Democrat group in Congress called “the Squad” who have been pushing to defund the police, spent thousands of dollars on private security for themselves, according to Federal Election Commission (FEC) records reviewed by the Daily Caller,” Rodgers reported on Monday.
“FEC reports show Democrats New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar, Massachusetts Rep. Ayanna Pressley and Missouri Rep. Cori Bush each spent thousands of dollars on their own security,” the FEC filings show. “The payments were described in the FEC filings as either ‘security’ or ‘security services’.”
The Daily Caller breaks down the security expenditures for each of the Congresswoman.
- In January, February, and March of 2021, Ocasio-Cortez spent $3,000 per month on a security consultant based out of Brooklyn, New York. Records show she spent a total of $9,000 for 3 months of security consulting from this one company.
- On Jan. 25, 2021, Ocasio-Cortez spent $24,279.13 on “security.”
- On Jan. 19, 2021, she spent $3,986.60 on “security services.”
- On Feb. 2., Ocasio-Cortez spent $849.22 on “security services.”
- On Feb. 25, Ocasio-Cortez spent $1552.50 at 24 & 7 Security & Investigation, Inc., which her office said was for a “security detail in Houston.”
Rep. Ilhan Omar
- On Jan. 20, 2021, Omar spent $66.97 on “Security Services.”
- On Jan. 29, 2021, Ilhan Omar spent $202.70 on Security “Services.”
- On Feb. 19, 2021, Ilhan Omar spent $66.97 on “Security Services.”
- On Feb. 26, 2021, Omar spent $2,700 on “Security Services.”
- On March 16, 2021, Ilhan Omar spent $66.97 on “Security Services.”
Rep. Ayanna Presley
- On Jan. 26, 2021, Pressley spent $1,292.00 while in her home state.
- On Jan. 27, 2021, Pressley spent $1,267.50 for security in Alexandria, Virginia.
- On March 4, 2021, Pressley spent $675.25 in ADT security, which is based in Boca Raton, Florida.
- On March 9, 2021, Pressley spent $252.00 while in her home state.
- On March 19, 2021, Pressley spent $700.00 for a security company in Washington D.C. called LGC Security LLC.
Rep. Cori Bush
- On Jan. 18, 2021, Bush spent $1,060.00 on security from Whole Armor Executive Protection in Bowie, Maryland.
- On Jan. 21, 2021, Bush spent $5,000 on security from Nathaniel Davis, Jr in her home state.
- On Jan. 25, 2021, Bush spent $530.00 on security from Nathaniel Davis in Palo Alto, Calif.
- On Feb. 17, 2021, Bush spent $7,743.75 on security from RS&T Security Counseling LLC in New York City.
- On Feb. 25, 2021, Bush spent $5,000 on security from Sandler, Reiff, Lamb, Rosenstein & Birk in Washington DC.
- On Feb. 26, 2021, Bush spent $5,812.00 on security from RS&T Security Counseling, LLC in NYC.
- On March 15, 2021, Bush spent $5,000 on security from Nathaniel Davis Davis, in Saint Louis, Missouri.
- On March 15, 2021, Bush spent $2,456.25 on security from RS&T Security Consulting LLC in NYC.
Thus, while crime explodes across America’s cities during the incoming Biden administration, especially those that unwisely chose to ‘defund the police,’ these four Congress-divas chose not to accept the results of their catastrophic policies. They boosted their own private security — an option unavailable for the majority of American taxpayers.
The Washington Times’ recent analysis of the damage that “defund the police” is doing to America’s cities shows how egregious is the hypocrisy of “The Squad.”
“Last year’s hefty spike in homicides is extending into 2021, with cities that slashed police budgets seeing some of the largest upticks, according to an analysis of data by The Washington Times.”
“A review of police data and public reporting found that in the first three months of 2021, the homicide rate in 20 major cities across the country rose by 28% from the same period last year,” the Times reported.
“In nine of the cities that made the most dramatic cuts to police department budgets, homicides rose by nearly 68%,” the report continued. “Some of those cities are now backtracking, seeking ways to boost departments’ coffers.”
In January 2020, AOC made it crystal clear what was meant by “defund the police,” and city administrators took the phrase quite literally.
“Defunding police means defunding police,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “It does not mean budget tricks or funny math. It does not mean moving school police officers from the NYPD budget to the Department of Education’s budget so the exact same police remain in schools.”
“The Squad” isn’t the only group of radical Congresswomen being exposed for their willingness to deny security to Americans, while requesting more for their own.
Maxine Waters, who recently flew to Minneapolis in the midst of a riot to incite more “confrontation,” also requested police protection. The document shows Maxine Waters’ request:
Maxine Waters used such incendiary rhetoric, that even the judge in the Chauvin trial admonished her and raised the potential of a ‘mistrial.’
“We are looking for a guilty verdict,” Waters said. “We are looking for a guilty verdict. And we are looking to see if all of the talk that took place and has been taking place after they saw what happened to George Floyd. If nothing does not happen then we know,” she said.
“We have got to not only stay in the street,” she added. “But we have got to fight for justice. But I am very hopeful and I hope that we are going to get a verdict that says ‘guilty, guilty, guilty.’ And if we don’t, then we cannot go away,” she added.
The radical flamethrowers in the Democratic Party are fully aware they are making America a more dangerous and violent place. If their words didn’t make that clear enough, the receipts for their increased security will.