Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is coming to the defense of senior Democrat House member Maxine Waters after she incited violence in Minneapolis in response to the Derek Chauvin trial and the recent police shooting of a 20-year old man who resisted arrest.
“Pelosi says she doesn’t think Waters should apologize for her remarks about confrontation after the Chauvin verdict,” Fox News reported. “Pelosi also said she didn’t think Waters [sic] comments would incite violence.”
“No, no, I don’t think she should apologize,” Pelosi said.
On the ground in Brooklyn Center, Minneapolis, Waters encourage Democrats to get “confrontational” and to “make sure that they know we mean business.”
“We’re looking for a guilty verdict. We’re looking for a guilty verdict. And we’re looking to see if all of this [inaudible] that took place and has been taking place after they saw what happened to George Floyd,” Waters said. “If nothing does not happen, then we know, that we’ve got to not only stay in the street, but we’ve got to fight for justice, but I am very hopefully and I hope that we’re going to get a verdict that will say guilty, guilty, guilty. And if we don’t, we cannot go away.”
If Derek Chauvin isn’t convicted, Waters told her supporters to “stay on the street.”
"*" indicates required fields
“And we’ve got to get more active. [We’ve] got to get more confrontational,” she said. “[We’ve] got to make sure that they know we mean business.”
The comments from Waters were so radical that even the New York Post’s editorial board stated that Waters was “trying to create a Civil War,” adding that Pelosi “should strip her of her committee assignments and move for a vote to remove Waters from office.”
***BRAND NEW Trump 2024 Hat Is Your FREE – Just Cover Shipping!***
Waters’ comments were widely condemned. Read some of the reactions below highlighted by the Daily Wire:
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX): “Democrats actively encouraging riots & violence. They want to tear us apart.” “‘We gotta stay on the street,’ Waters was recorded saying, adding that protesters needed ‘to get more confrontational’ & they should ignore the curfew in place.”
- Matt Walsh, podcast host: “Maxine Waters is trying to intimidate a jury to influence the outcome of a murder trial. Every elected Republican in the country should be calling for her immediate arrest and removal from congress.”
- Steven Crowder, podcast host: “If Trump was removed from Twitter AND Facebook for ‘inciting violence’ then Maxine Waters needs to be federally charged and impeached.”
- Bryan Dean Wright, Democrat and former CIA officer: “Maxine Waters is a threat to the Republic.”
- Gerry Callahan, podcast host: “Donald Trump was impeached and banned from all social media platforms for less.”
- Kurt Schlichter, attorney and columnist: “This is an insurrection.”
- Tim Pool, podcast host: “Maxine Waters says that Chauvin premeditated the murder of George Floyd and that if Chauvin is not convicted [of] a crime he wasn’t charged with they should get ‘more confrontational[.]’ More confrontational than burning down buildings?”
***Help Us Take Down The Liberal Media With Our FREE News App!***
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!
Notice: This article may contain commentary that reflects the author's opinion.