On Saturday, Fox News host Greg Gutfeld sent an emotional “last tweet,” after the platform conducted one of the most disgusting attacks on free speech in American history when they permanently banned President Donald Trump and purged hundreds of thousands of conservatives from their app.
He tweeted: “[O]kay, this IS my last tweet: CNN tries to get FNC banned. Apple targets Parler. Publishers dump writers. [M]usic labels drop artists. [T]witter bans/removes thousands. [T]ech companies join hands. [T]his redefines who the true rebels are.”
“[I]f you like the purge, you’re the servant,” Gutfeld added.
Gutfeld had vowed to quit Twitter a week earlier when he stated, “To be true to the resolution to myself: this is my last tweet. [O]ther than to read news, [I won’t] be on [T]witter,” Gutfeld tweeted on Jan. 2. “[Y]ou’re all invited there; just leave the bullshit behind. Tata.”
In relation to the Twitter purge, Fox News reported:
“Fox & Friends” co-host Pete Hegseth on Saturday described it as “something of a purge” that might have taken place, as thousands of users disappeared from the platform. Hegseth also suggested that the move might have come after the Georgia Senate runoff results earlier this week, not just after Trump’s account was permanenty suspended.
The exact reason for the shift in users is not known, but it could be that users have voluntarily left the platform along with the president. Fox News reached out to Twitter for comment on the drop in users and was referred to their support page. A follow-up request was not yet returned.
Fox News host Lou Dobbs also took himself off Twitter.
“I don’t believe any American should ever tolerate those who deny us freedom of speech or who would ever be so arrogant as to censor our President. I’m withdrawing from Twitter as of right now. Please join me on Parler @LouDobbsTonight. God bless you and America.”
“I have suspended my own Twitter account in protest against Twitter’s fascism. I ask all my followers to join me now on Parler and Rumble,” said Mark Levin.
Radio host Rush Limbaugh also deactivated his account. The Daily Wire reported:
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh reportedly deleted his Twitter account shortly after President Donald Trump was banned from the platform on Friday night.
The link to Limbaugh’s account, which had amassed more than half a million followers before being deleted, now leads to a page that reads: “This account doesn’t exist[.] Try searching for another.” Rumors swirled that Twitter had suspended the account, but a spokesperson for Twitter told both CNN reporter Oliver Darcy and Fox News reporter Joseph Wulfsohn that whoever controls the account deactivated it.
“A Twitter spokesperson tells me the company did not suspend Rush Limbaugh’s account. In other words, it appears Limbaugh (or someone acting on his behalf) deactivated it,” Darcy tweeted.
Wulfsohn tweeted, “Twitter SPOX: ‘I would like to correct that He is not suspended. The user deactivated their account.’”
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!