Joe Biden Speaks Out On Growing Ukraine Scandal
- 1.2K Views
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi offered her own "border bill" this week, and it is nothing short of a spit in the face of President Donald Trump.
There's currently a fight brewing over a $4.5 billion bill to address the migrant crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border and ensure the Department of Homeland Security has the resources needed to do its job.
Trump and Republicans version of the bill provides funds for the border wall and will ensure DHS and other immigration agencies have what they need to secure the border and address the migrant crisis.
Pelosi's bill is much different.
Her bill does not allocate even $1 for the construction of a new border wall and wants to use a major chunk of the money to accommodate illegal aliens who broke the law to enter the U.S.
Pelosi made her anti-Trump agenda even more apparent when she smeared the president in a statement released alongside her new funding measure.
“The President’s failed policies have exacerbated the situation at the border, where vulnerable children endure inhumane conditions that threaten their health, well-being and sometimes, tragically, their lives,” Pelosi said.
She continued: “This legislation provides urgently-needed humanitarian assistance for families, including funding for food, shelter, clothing, medical care and legal assistance, and will relieve the horrific situation of over-crowding and help prevent additional deaths. And we are providing urgent assistance to local communities to help defray their costs of providing humanitarian assistance to asylum seekers.”
“The supplemental also contains important oversight provisions to hold the administration accountable and to protect the rights and dignity of migrants, including: No funding for a border wall or barriers, or for ICE detention beds,” she added.
Trump’s failed policies have exacerbated the situation at the border, where children endure inhumane conditions on a daily basis. This week, the House will advance legislation to protect families & fund effective, humane alternatives to detention. https://t.co/dyTjTSpvFt— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) June 23, 2019
Below is a breakdown of her bill and where she wants the money to go:
- $934.5 million for processing facilities, food, water, sanitary items, blankets, medical services, and safe transportation;rn
- $866 million to reduce reliance on influx shelters to house children;rn
- $200 million for an integrated, multi-agency processing center pilot program for families and unaccompanied children, with participation by non-profit organizations;rn
- $100 million for legal services for unaccompanied children, child advocates, and post-release services;rn
- $60 million to assist jurisdictions experiencing a significant influx of migrants and non-profit organizations serving those communities;rn
- $20 million for Alternatives to Detention;rn
- $15 million for the Legal Orientation Program to educate migrants about their rights and legal proceedings; andrn
- $9 million to speed up placement of children with sponsors and manage their cases.
Just take a look at some of her proposals.
Pelosi wants to give $100 million to ensure illegal aliens -- who broke the law -- have legal representation in the America, yet she won't offer even $1 to the border wall.
Pelosi also introduced this bill after Trump did her and Democrats the courtesy of delaying the ICE raids for two weeks.
Trump originally told ICE to begin a nationwide sweep to apprehend up to a million illegal aliens from the country who have been ordered by a court to be deported, but he delayed it two weeks so he could "work out a deal" with Pelosi and Democrats.
Then, she goes and does this.
This is not a serious bill and will be viewed by Trump as a spit in the face.