Lou Dobbs Responds at Fox News After His Show Is Cancelled

After being unexpectedly fired by Fox News, anchor Lou Dobbs has responded to the news of his firing from the network.

Lou Dobbs Tonight was canceled after Smartmatic announced it was filing a lawsuit against Fox and several hosts including Dobbs.

The network responded by saying, “FOX News Media is committed to providing the full context of every story with in-depth reporting and clear opinion. We are proud of our 2020 election coverage and will vigorously defend against this meritless lawsuit in court.”


***VOTE NOW: Should Republicans Conduct A Post-Presidency Impeachment Of OBAMA?***

After Fox announced that Dobbs’ show was canceled, President Trump sent a heartwarming message to him.

Dobbs responded by thanking Trump for the support.

“Thanks for your kind words Mr. President. God bless you and all the American patriots who make this country great,” he wrote.

The announcement comes as many have accused Fox News of moving to the Left.

The Los Angeles Times reported:

Dobbs’ program, which airs twice nightly at 5 and 7 p.m. Eastern on the Fox Business Network, will have its final airing Friday, according to a Fox News representative who confirmed the cancellation. Starting next week, the program will be called “Fox Business Tonight,” with rotating substitute hosts Jackie DeAngelis and David Asman, who filled in for Dobbs on Friday.

Dobbs, 75, remains under contract at Fox News but he will in all likelihood not appear on the company’s networks again. In addition to his Fox Business Network program, he occasionally turned up on the Fox News Channel as a commentator.

The cancellation comes a day after voting software company Smartmatic filed a $2.7 billion defamation suit against Fox News and three of its hosts — Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro. The company claims the hosts perpetuated lies and disinformation about Smartmatic’s role in the election, damaging its business and reputation.

Sources supposedly told the LA Times that Fox News’ management was considering firing Dobbs before the lawsuit was filed against the network.

“As we said in October, Fox News Media regularly considers programming changes and plans have been in place to launch new formats as appropriate post-election, including on Fox Business,” the representative said in a statement. “This is part of those planned changes. A new 5 p.m. program will be announced in the near future.”



The LA Times report added:

The network has been reevaluating its programming on Fox News and Fox Business Network since the fall and implemented a number of program and host changes in anticipation of President Joe Biden’s administration entering the White House.

Fox News recently hired former Trump economic adviser Larry Kudlow with the intention of giving him a daily program. The former longtime CNBC host immediately becomes a candidate to replace Dobbs on Fox Business Network.

Last month, Fox News shook up its daytime lineup and moved one of its high-profile news anchors, Martha MacCallum, out of her 7 p.m. Eastern time slot. Fox News has turned the hour into an opinion program with rotating hosts until a permanent one is named.

***Help Us Take Down The Liberal Media With Our FREE News App!***

What do you think about the network firing Dobbs, arguably the most pro-Trump host on the network?

Leave a Reply