McCabe Takes Shot At Fox News After Having Investigation Dropped
- 9.2K Views
On Friday, corrupt former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe took a shot at Fox News during an interview on CNN with Anderson Cooper. McCabe's comments come after the Department of Justice decided to drop their investigation into him.
Cooper said, “Aside from being understandably anger about all of what you’ve been through, has it been in a way surreal? In the past couple of minutes, while you’ve been on with me, on Fox, there’s a banner font calling you a liar. Did you ever expect in any way to be dealing with anything like this?”
McCabe replied, “I spent 21 years in the FBI as the part of an institution that prides itself on fidelity, braver, andy and integrity. And to be removed from that organization and unfairly branded a liar because that was the desired outcome by the president has just been one of the most sickening and demeaning experiences of my life. It’s horrendous. And it is unfortunate that having listened to propaganda like Fox News, there’s, you know, there are many people in this country that will believe that forever. I can’t do anything about that, except continue to live and to speak out in the way I’ve tried to do over the last year, to stand up for what I believe in, and to tell the truth, however inconvenient for the president or anybody else.”
On Friday, the Department of Justice announced that they would not be pursuing charges against McCabe after lying to investigators and leaking to the media.
"We learned this morning through a phone call from the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office that was followed by a letter that the Justice Department's criminal investigation of Andrew McCabe has been closed," McCabe's lawyers said in a statement.
"This means that no charges will be brought against him based on the facts underlying the Office of the Inspector General’s April 2018 report. At long last, justice has been done in this matter," the statement added.
Shortly after the announcement, McCabe responded by taking a victory lap on CNN.
“As glad as I am that the DOJ and the D.C. attorney’s office finally decided to do the right thing today, it’s an absolute disgrace that they took two years and put my family through this experience for two years before they finally drew the obvious conclusion,” McCabe said.
Head of the DOJ's Fraud and Public Corruption Section J.P. Cooney along with assistant U.S. attorney Molly Gaston announced on Friday that the McCabe investigations were "closed."
"We write to inform you that, after careful consideration, the Government has decided not to pursue criminal charges against your client, Andrew G. McCabe, arising from the referral by the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) to our Office of conduct described in OIG’s April 13, 2018, report entitled, “A Report of Investigation of Certain Allegations Relating to Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.” Based on the totality of the circumstances and all of the information known to the Government at this time, we consider the matter closed. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions," the statement said.
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!