TIMELINE: Dems Didn't Care About COVID-19 Until Now; They Pushed IMPEACHMENT During Initial Outbreak
- 162.7K Views
In fighting President Trump at every chance they can get, some Democrats have made it very clear that even a pandemic isn’t immune to their disgusting partisan tactics.
Whether it be accusing President Trump of being a racist for his travel bans, or calling him “imcompetent” for his response to the virus, Democrats are doing everything they can do to project the blame on to anyone but themselves for their mishandling of the issue.
A look at the chronological order of events proves without a doubt that Democrats didn't give a damn about the Coronavirus until they knew they could use it against President Trump.
Check out what were provided by Breitbart below:
- January 11: Chinese state media report the first known death from an illness originating in the Wuhan market.
- January 15: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) holds a vote to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. Pelosi and House Democrats celebrate the “solemn” occasion with a signing ceremony, using commemorative pens.
- January 21: The first person with coronavirus arrives in the United States from China, where he had been in Wuhan.
- January 23: The House impeachment managers make their opening arguments for removing President Trump.
- January 23: China closes off the city of Wuhan completely to slow the spread of coronavirus to the rest of China.
- January 30: Senators begin asking two days of questions of both sides in the president’s impeachment trial.
- January 30: The World Health Organization declares a global health emergency as coronavirus continues to spread.
- January 31: The Senate holds a vote on whether to allow further witnesses and documents in the impeachment trial.
- January 31: President Trump declares a national health emergency and imposes a ban on travel to and from China. Former Vice President Joe Biden calls Trump’s decision “hysterical xenophobia … and fear-mongering.”
- February 2: The first death from coronavirus outside China is reported in the Philippines.
- February 3: House impeachment managers begin closing arguments, calling Trump a threat to national security.
- February 4: President Trump talks about coronavirus in his State of the Union address; Pelosi rips up every page.
- February 5: The Senate votes to acquit President Trump on both articles of impeachment, 52-48 and 53-47.
- February 5: House Democrats finally take up coronavirus in the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia.
It took a mind-numbing twenty days after the first death from the virus had been reported for the Democrats to even address the issue in Congress because of their sham impeachment articles. For even more reference, President Trump had introduced travel restrictions to China all the way back on January 31st.
Most of President Trump’s efforts to fight the virus have resulted like the others, with endless attacks. After the quick and decisive decision to issue travel restrictions on China, Democratic Presidential candidate Joe Biden predictably criticized Trump for his efforts.
“This is not time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia - hysterical xenophobia and fear mongering,” he said.
Not only have Democrats shown complete disdain towards taking responsibility for maintaining the virus, but they have also used the emergency to push their own disgusting agendas.
Weeks ago, Bloomberg among many other Democrats claimed that President Trump slashed funding to the CDC, despite a $500 million dollar increase in funding from the previous year.
White House officials also revealed that, while meeting the Secretary of Treasury to discuss the Coronavirus, Nancy Pelosi had discussed provisions that could’ve resulted in upwards of one billion dollars in taxpayer funding going to clinics who perform abortions.
As Democrats and those in the media continue to criticize every move made by his administration, Trump is busy getting work done to help Americans, and he has been doing so for weeks practically unacknowledged.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments below!