Trump Says He'd Take Joe Rogan Up on Offer to Host Hours-Long Debate with Biden
- 7.3K Views
Well, top podcaster Joe Rogan just proposed something that could be the most important – and entertaining – event of the 2020 presidential campaign, and even more awesome is the fact that President Donald Trump is already on board.
Rogan, who recently moved out of the Marxist den of California insanity and relocated to Texas, where freedom rings, has just signed a major deal with Spotify to shift many of his podcast and videos to the platform, and now he apparently wants to launch with a ban: He has offered to host a multi-hour presidential debate between Trump and Democratic rival Joe Biden.
No hype. No posturing, blow-dried media hacks. No audience. Just Rogan and the two candidates – and a major platform where they could both discuss their ideas, positions, and policies.
The four-hour event would also be live-streamed so it couldn’t be edited (as in manipulated by the garbage media).
“First of all, I’d want no one else in the room. Just the three of us. And you would have to stream it live, so no one can edit it. And I would want them in there for hours,” Rogan said during a recent podcast.
“And ideas: we get to hear what they actually believe in, what they’re going to do, who they’re going to appoint, what judges are going to be coming in, what policies, from gun control to—all of it,” Tim Kennedy, a former Army Special Forces hero and champion MMA fighter on the podcast with Rogan, added.
“We should have that. This is 2020. We have the ability to have that,” Rogan said, then wondered if Biden, whose mental acuity has reportedly slipped a great deal, could do it.
“It would be the best way to find out but I don’t think that Biden can handle it. I think Biden is like, I think he’s—I mean people get mad at me for saying this—I think there’s something wrong and I don’t think there’s something wrong because I’m guessing or because I’m pro-Trump. I’ve seen him fall apart. He’s had multiple brain surgeries,” said Rogan, who has noted that he will vote for Trump in November.
"A long form debate with a neutral moderator. No fake audience reactions. No biased questions. Neutral camera positions. No sound bite length responses. Just their respective policies explained to us. Please @realDonaldTrum and @JoeBiden make it happen," Kennedy, deployed multiple times to Iraq and Afghanistan and who fought int the MMA while on active duty, later tweeted.
The president has already signed off on it, but as of Monday, Biden’s camp hasn’t responded.
Thus far, Biden and Trump are scheduled to debate three times. The first debate is planned for Sept. 29.
The Commission on Presidential Debates, which describes itself as a nonpartisan nonprofit that handles scheduling and details for presidential debates, set up the debates. The commission announced the moderators earlier this month.
Trump’s campaign pushed the commission to schedule a fourth presidential debate but the commission declined.