BREAKING: Trump Tells Fox News That "Four Embassies" Were Targeted by Iran
- 46.9K Views
During an exclusive interview with Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Friday, President Donald Trump revealed that Iranian General Qassem Soleimani was planning attacks on four United States embassies before he was killed.
When asked about what he was going to target, President Trump said, “We will tell you that probably it was going to be the embassy in Baghdad.”
The President continued by adding, “I can reveal that I believe it probably would’ve been four embassies.”
Check out what Fox News reported:
The full interview with the president will air Friday night at 10 p.m. ET on Fox News' “The Ingraham Angle.”
The American embassy in Baghdad had already been attacked on New Year’s Eve when demonstrators stormed the compound to protest American airstrikes against Iran-backed militia members.
But there has been confusion over whether additional attacks were being planned at the embassy after Trump told reporters Thursday that the U.S. killed Soleimani because “they were looking to blow up our embassy.”
The administration has repeatedly said that that strike was an act of self-defense to prevent what it has described as an “imminent threat” against U.S. interests and troops.
Shortly after the attack on Soleimani last week, senior United States official Brian Hook spoke out, revealing that Soleimani was planning "imminent attacks" on Americans that would have most likely killed hundreds.
The attacks would have been conducted on American facilities and workers in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon along with other countries in the region according to Hook.
“The President’s first responsibility is the safety of the American people. Qasem Soleimani was plotting imminent attacks in the region against Americans in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon that could have resulted in the deaths of hundreds of people,” Hook said.
“The President has a constitutional responsibility to prevent those actions from killing Americans. He took an entirely lawful action,” he added. “I have seen all of the intelligence that supports the decision. It was very solid intelligence.”
Check out what the Daily Caller reported:
The Pentagon announced in the immediate aftermath of the airstrike that Soleimani was behind the recent attack on the U.S. Embassy in Iraq, and was “actively developing” additional plans to attack American diplomats and service members in the region.
“General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more,” the Pentagon said. “This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans.”
The airstrike also reportedly killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the head of the terrorist group Kata’ib Hezbollah.
Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei called Soleimani a martyr in a statement Friday announcing Brigadier General Esmaeil Qa’ani would be taking over as commander of the Quds Force.
Khameni said in a separate statement carried on Iranian state television that the country would double its resistance against the United States and Israel in the aftermath of the attack.
Shortly after Soleimani's death, President Trump took to Twitter to discuss his decision.
“General Qassem Soleimani has killed or badly wounded thousands of Americans over an extended period of time, and was plotting to kill many more…but got caught!” President Trump tweeted. “He was directly and indirectly responsible for the death of millions of people, including the recent large number of PROTESTERS killed in Iran itself.”
“While Iran will never be able to properly admit it, Soleimani was both hated and feared within the country,” President Trump added. “They are not nearly as saddened as the leaders will let the outside world believe. He should have been taken out many years ago!”
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!