A continuing frustration on the right is that leftist NGOs and corporations continue to direct massive gobs of funding toward the leftist policies that are the most disastrous for America.
Fortunately, however, some conservatives are coming up with ways to take on those companies and NGOs that fund anti-American causes. One such conservative is Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who recently laid out 6 ways we can tackle the problem.
As Breitbart reported, the six measures, described by DeSantis during a recent press conference, are:
1. Ban state and local agencies from doing business with or providing benefits to any private-sector business or NGO that helps facilitate illegal immigration to Florida.
2. Ban state agencies from renewing state contracts with transportation companies, such as airlines and bus services, that facilitate illegal immigration to Florida.
"*" indicates required fields
3. Require private-sector businesses and NGOs, who facilitate illegal immigration to Florida, to provide compensation to the state of Florida to cover all costs that fall on taxpayers.
4. Mandate county and local jails, as well as courts, to collect immigration status data at the time of a suspect’s arrest and conviction. The information would be reported to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
5. Ban Florida officials from providing any discretionary benefits to illegal aliens while state agencies and hospitals will be required to annually report taxpayer-funded expenses for illegal aliens.
6. Add the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity as an enforcer of E-Verify.
Those six proposals, if instituted, would likely prove effective, as they would hit the organizations and illegals where it hurts: in the wallet.
By forcing the companies to cover the costs imposed on Floridians by illegals, which will be faithfully recorded thanks to the other provisions, DeSantis will be able to impose a massive financial cost on those companies and NGOs that aid and abet illegals. His ban on those companies that transport illegals into Florida will also help him impose costs on those companies acting against American interests.
Furthermore, by strengthening Florida’s E-Verify enforcement, mandating jails report the status of those they arrest, he’ll be able to impose costs on the illegals themselves, which will hopefully keep them out of the sunshine state.
DeSantis has also banned providing licenses to unaccompanied migrant children within Florida, which should help authorities deal with the problem.
While these measures are significant, as they are some of the first proposals of how to take on the NGOs and corporations that have done so much damage, it remains to be seen if they will be passed into law by the Florida legislature and make it through the courts. But, if they do, and if other Republican governors follow suit, then America might witness a massive change in how the illegal immigration problem is dealt with.