Texas Gives "Simple" Warning to Rioters Thinking About Destroying the Alamo
- 80.4K Views
Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush's oldest son, Texas land commissioner George P. Bush, delivered a message to the far-left rioters who are debating destroying The Alamo on Saturday: "Don't mess with The Alamo."
The message was released in a statement after social media posts started popping up where protesters were contemplating destroying The Alamo.
Lawyer Robert Barnes took to Twitter to write: “Protesters in San Antonio now demanding tearing down The Alamo.”
On Saturday evening, Bush released a statement, noting, “The Alamo is the Shrine of Texas Liberty. And it will be defended. My office is closely watching the social media posts and rumors from protestors who are threatening to come to The Alamo.”
“Rest assured we have already deployed, for several weeks and will continue to do so, the Alamo Rangers in partnership with SAPD, The Department of Public Safety and The National Guard to protect this sacred site,” Bush added. “My message to the protestors is simple: Don’t mess with The Alamo.”
Riots have become the recent trend which were sparked by the death of George Floyd, a Minneapolis man who was killed by a police officer.
Last week, Texas Governor Greg Abbott revealed that he had spent some time with Floyd's family.
“Today I spent time with the #GeorgeFloyd family,” Abbott said on Twitter. “They are wonderful, God loving people. They will be the centerpiece of helping America bridge our racial divide & ensure equality, justice & fairness for everyone in America—& ensure what happened in Minn. never happens in TX.”
The riots started in Minneapolis, Minnesota after Floyd was killed by a police officer. According to liberal Minneapolis mayor Jacob Frey, the damages to the city are estimated to be about $55 million and he expects the federal government to take care of it for him.
The cost of damages is expected to go higher considering government officials are still adding up all of the damages across the city.
Officials announced on Tuesday that they had estimated a total of $55 million in damages done to over 200 separate buildings. At the time, this was seen as a low estimate and the city may see upwards of "hundreds of millions" of dollars in damages when everything is said and done.
“We will do everything we can as we shift to recovery mode,” Frey said. “We’re recovering from crises sandwiched on top of each other, from COVID-19 to the police killing and then the looting which took place afterward.”
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!