“We Will Investigate”: Rudy Giuliani Claps Back, Thanks Dominion Voting Systems After $1.3 Billion Lawsuit

On Monday, Dominion Voting Systems announced their $1.3 billion lawsuit against former New York City mayor and Donald Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani.

Dominion and their director of product strategy and security, Eric Coomer, have filed multiple lawsuits against pro-Trump allies including attorney Sidney Powell, Newsmax, One America News Network, OANN reporter Chanel Rion, Michelle Malkin, and some others.

Download the FREE TrendingPolitics Mobile App so you never miss a Trump story

In their lawsuit, Dominion accuses Giuliani of defamation, noting that his claims of election fraud were “demonstrably false.” For whatever reason, Dominion also cited events that took place at the US Capitol on January 6th.

On Monday, Giuliani clapped back at Dominion during an interview with WABC Radio, saying he would not be intimidated by the “hate-filled left-wing to wipe out and censor the exercise of free speech.”

“Dominion’s defamation lawsuit for $1.3B will allow me to investigate their history, finances, and practices fully and completely,” Giuliani said. “The amount being asked for is, quite obviously, intended to frighten people of faint heart. It is another act of intimidation by the hate-filled left-wing to wipe out and censor the exercise of free speech, as well as the ability of lawyers to defend their clients vigorously. As such, we will investigate a countersuit against them for violating these Constitutional rights.”

Download the FREE TrendingPolitics Mobile App so you never miss a Trump story



Check out what Reuters reported relating to Dominion’s lawsuit:

The Denver-based company, Dominion Voting Systems Inc, filed an earlier lawsuit against pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell, whom the company also accused of spreading false conspiracy theories about the election that Trump lost to Democrat Joe Biden.

A senior Dominion employee, Eric Coomer, also filed a defamation lawsuit against the Trump campaign, saying he had been driven into hiding because of death threats from Trump supporters.

Dominion is seeking $1.3 billion in damages from the former New York City mayor, alleging in the lawsuit that “he and his allies manufactured and disseminated the ‘Big Lie,’ which foreseeably went viral and deceived millions of people into believing that Dominion had stolen their votes and fixed the election.”

Dominion said it filed the lawsuit “to set the record straight” and to “stand up for itself, its employees, and the electoral process.”

A group of prominent attorneys last week asked New York’s judiciary to suspend Giuliani’s law license because he made false claims in post-election lawsuits and for urging Trump’s supporters to engage in “trial by combat” shortly before they stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

Dominion states in its lawsuit that it has spent $565,000 on private security to protect its employees, who are facing harassment and death threats.

“Giuliani’s statements,” the lawsuit stated, “were calculated to — and did in fact — provoke outrage and cause Dominion enormous harm.”

Founded in 2002, Dominion is a major U.S. manufacturer of voting machines, and various Dominion machines were used in more than two dozen states during the 2020 election.

Download the FREE TrendingPolitics Mobile App so you never miss a Trump story

What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!

Leave a Reply